From New York to the circuit, passing through deserts and pinball machines: driving to tracks and tracks today stops at the Rapa Trophy of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
We are in the home straight for our "recovery" on runway e traced of this guide to the contents of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, because we are at the two most recent championships. At the writing of this article (August 2022), in fact, the Additional Paths Pass has just graced us with the Rapa Trophy, which proposes four circuits already seen elsewhere. The protagonists of today will be the following: we will start with Tour Veduta di New York, and then return to the origins with SNES Circuito di Mario 3. We will then continue with N64 Kalimari Desert and, to the delight of those who dreamed of darting through the base game, we will close with none other than Waluigi's DS Flipper. Are you ready? Street!
Sightseeing tour of New York
One of the tracks inspired by the real world is also back from Tour: the first of the tracks that we will see today in our guide to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is Sightseeing tour of New York. As was the case with Neon of Tokyo last time, View of New York also incorporates in its rounds the different layouts seen in the mobile title. We proceed at a brisk pace towards the Big Apple.
- Layout: The fork after the first straight obliges us to take the road on the right. Going straight ahead, you will find after the bend to the left on Central Park that the next "fork" forces you to proceed to the left. The straight under the bridge precedes a curve to the right, after which a straight will lead you to the next obligatory turn (left). However, immediately afterwards you will have to turn right for another straight, and then proceed once again to the right. The next right hand bend will conclude the first lap. The second will take you to turn left at the first fork, and then take you back to Central Park (backwards) after two left and right turns. After passing the hairpin bend to the right, you will have to turn left and proceed along the straight line (paying attention to the manholes). After the curve to the right you will notice a ramp for gliding: it is the ideal way to take the straight, as the stopped bus also has a ramp on the roof. From here on, the second round ends like the first. After the finish you will still have to proceed to the left, but cutting the entire Central Park hairpin with an underground straight. Finally, after a curve to the right, a straight stretch awaits you which leads to two small underground curves, a descent, a ramp and the hairpin bend to the right that will take you back to the finish line.
- Valutazione: Condensing a megacity of the caliber of New York into a three-lap Mario Kart race is no small feat, and while not boasting the know-how of Rockstar Games with their Liberty City, the development team has been able to create a circuit that is at least decent. . This does not mean that the track boasts the same verve seen elsewhere, but we still have a solid level in our hands. 8/10.
SNES Mario Circuit 3 - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe track and track guide
We were talking about a return to origins and we certainly weren't joking. This classic circuit has already appeared in Mario Kart Wii, but after seeing GBA Mario's circuit rework the course with antigravity, this time the scenario remains on the classic. Expect from SNES Mario Circuit 3 the pure essence of the series, then: nothing more than a hard and pure go-kart circuit!
- Layout: A straight, a hairpin to the right, one to the left, another to the right, a semi-complete turn to the right, a long straight, a hairpin to the left, a shorter straight, a hairpin to the right, a couple of bends (right -left) that can be cut with a mushroom, a hairpin bend to the right and the finish line. Watch out for oil stains on the ground ... and pipes!
- Valutazione: Have you seen how long it took to describe the track? Yet, in its simplicity, this track boasts a kind of purity that you might not find elsewhere. 8,5 / 10.
N64 Kalimari Desert - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe track and track guide
We spoke well of reinterpretation with GBA Terra del Formaggio, and badly with GBA Giardino Nuvola; What would you say instead of seeing what happens when Nintendo designers decide to indulge themselves with a Mario Kart 64 track? If seeing him in Mario Kart 7 didn't arouse emotions this time N64 Deserto Kalimari is here to completely catch you off guard. Differences between laps? You can bet on it!
- Layout: The first straight leads to a long hairpin bend to the left, with a ramp just before the straight interrupted by the tracks. Those who know the track already know the hint: if the train passes, those who have had time to anticipate it will not (almost) recover it. The next part of the straight features a ramp for off-road glides to the right, maintained by Mario Kart 7 - if you have mushrooms, you already know what to do. The next right-hand bend features the second level crossing, with the addition of the airborne arrows already seen in other runways such as the New York View. The first round ends as you might already know. In order we have: long hairpin to the left, straight, curve to the right and to the left that can be cut with a mushroom, straight. On the second lap, the second level crossing leaves room for a ramp curved to the left. That's right, you'll have to run along the tracks! Follow the railway, turn left, avoid (obviously) the train and proceed towards the tunnel, which will also be the finish line for this second loop. The route, following an oval line, after a probable second encounter with the steam train will resume where the original route was interrupted in the previous lap.
- Valutazione: A track that stood out only for its train has become a circuit that makes its uniqueness a real workhorse. Light years beyond the original! 9/10.
Waluigi's DS Pinball
For those of you not familiar with the meme associated with the track, Waluigi's DS Pinball takes place (but go '?) inside a giant pinball machine. You will therefore follow the tortuous path of the ball, before ending up on the table… and avoid the actual balls.
- Layout: The starting cannon will send you gliding on the first left-hand bend, with attached turbo platforms on the outer side of the parabolic. The ramp will take you to a long series of sloping bends (left, right, right, left) before the next jump. Avoid the steel balls and you will be able to take the next bend to the right without any problems. The two left curves that follow will lead you to the actual game table. Avoid both the balls and the buffers and, passing through the center, you will make the hypothetical pinball player "lose". Finishing at the finish line, after two left turns. Possibly first!
- Valutazione: We can well understand the astonishment of the players in not reviewing this beloved track in the DLC of the original version on Wii U. Years later, however, this path is back and is here to stay: a true jewel of level design, capable of maintaining a layout perfectly consistent with the pinball machine while remaining a very functional track. 10/10.
Now it's up to you to tell us yours: does our guide help you? Let us know below, and as always don't forget to stay on Road4Gamers for all the most important news for gamers and more. For your purely gaming needs, you can instead find the best discounts in digital format on Instant Gaming.
(on offer on amazon.com) Don't miss it! Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Nintendo Switch The definitive version of Mario Kart 8 for up to 8 players in local multiplayer; TV mode with a maximum resolution of 1080p 59,99 EUR −20% 47,99 EUR